Possible new stat lines

I just thought I would make an attempt to streamline stat lines and create enough variance through min and max stats that we wouldn’t necessarily need to have size modifiers unless we want to. The original nexus stat lines were definately geared towards this, but the individual stats didn’t make much impact, it was more about hitting certain bonus numbers. For instance 24 con was the same as 18, but when you hit 25, you got a bonus.

Also, some races had different total maximum stat allowances, for example the old dwarf maximums equaled out to 146, which is 4 less maximum stats than a human, who could get to 150. Granted the way stats worked before you would never hit the maximum in everything, so it wouldn’t really matter, but since we are redo’ing things it could make a difference.

One quality of life improvement for stats I think would be to do away with the random stat training, and just let you pick your trains every level. Also let you just train two stats per level from the get go instead of getting two stats per tier starting at tier 12, and you can just have a smaller pool of starting stat points. I think you used to start with 56 stat points, so I suggest lowering that to 50, and if you get two stat points a level, if you ever got to level 25 you would have 100 stat points, out of a possible 150.

The minimum stat base lines are another thing, humans used to have a 26 point minimum total, 5 5 6 5 5. I’m thinking just make that 6 into a 5, and have 25 preallocated minimums for humans and make 25 the baseline for predetermined stats, giving someone 25 points to play with at creation. Or to make humans more flexible than the other classes, can raise the minimum on the other races to something like 30 or 35, to make their racial mins more in line with their race and leave humans to be the premiere race for stat flexibility.

So I am thinking humans are relatively the same, the base race, so their stat lines are max 30/30/30/30/30 and minumum 5/5/5/5/5 and the rest of the races can go off that. I’m going to see if I can devise some numbers and post them later.

Heres a rough attempt at Max stat lines, they will prob need some tweaking.

Race - Strength / Dexterity / Constitution / Intelligence / Piety

Human - 30 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30
Half Giant - 44 / 16 / 40 / 24 / 26
Troll - 38 / 22 / 44 / 22 / 24
Ogre - 42 / 26 / 42 / 18 / 22
Dwarf - 34 / 24 / 38 / 26 / 28
Elf - 26 / 40 / 22 / 36 / 26
Dark Elf - 28 / 40 / 20 / 34 / 28
Half Elf - 30 / 36 / 24 / 28/ 32
Half Orc - 32 / 34 / 32 / 26 / 26
Orc - 36 / 32 / 36 / 26 / 20
Hobbit - 24 / 42 / 26 / 28 / 30
Gnome - 24 / 24 / 22 / 40 / 40
Sprite - 16 / 44 / 18 / 38 / 34
Reni - 20 / 26 / 20 / 44 / 38

I tried to keep the stats in line with the old Nexus stats for the most part, but increase the disparity some. The main deviation was Gnome, in the lore it said they were a pious race and we were lacking a race with high piety, so I thought perhaps that could be their niche. Its definately hard to come up with stats for each race that will still lend them to being viable in multiple different roles, as with Elf you are going to have people wanting to play Elf thieves, but your will also have people wanting to play Elf mage. You want to have races that allow for certain lines, like if you wanted a character with high dexterity, but still having good strength and con, you may be looking towards Orc, perhaps for your monk.

I pullled these lines in to the racial defs.

We can tweak later on.

I may be being picky but a few of the figures for some of the mixed races do not really make sense without additional explanation.

i.e. Higher or lower than either race

e.g.

int	Half-elf	28	Human	30	Elf	36
	pie	Half-elf	32	Human	30	Elf	26
	dex	Half-orc	34	Human	30	Orc	32

Like I said they prob need tweaking lol. I think I was just thinking along the lines of mixing up the stats a bit to give some diversity but yea prally need to fix those. There is so many factors to consider in doing the statline, and some of it came down to me just trying to keep things even and work around 150 stats per race.

Like for orc, I didn’t necessarily mean to make them the lowest piety race, but I got to the end of the statline and only had 20 points left and there wasn’t other any race that had low piety so I figured it worked.

I think for piety on the half elf I was just thinking it would be good to have another race that could go over 30 piety, but you could easily just take two piety away form half elf and dump it into int and that would prally fix that one, half orc prally take two dex away and dump it into int.